INNIO Jenbacher GmbH & Co OG and affiliated entities respect your concerns about privacy.
Dec 2020 version
- Personal data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual, directly or indirectly through identifiers such as name, location, or factors specific to the physical, physiological, economic or social identity of an individual.
- Processing: Any operation or set of operations performed on personal data. Processing includes storing, collecting, retrieving, using, combining, erasing and destroying personal data, and can involve automated or manual operations.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small text file that interacts with the browser and is stored locally on the user's computer when visiting a website.
- Web Beacon: A web beacon is usually a small graphic, sometimes just one pixel in size and transparent, through which the server supplying it receives information about the visitors to the website in which the graphic is integrated.
References in this Privacy Notice to “we”, “us”, and “our” are references to the INNIO entity responsible for the processing of your personal information, which generally is the INNIO entity that obtains your personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we obtain through websites, mobile applications and social media pages that reference this Privacy Notice (“Online Channels”); offline collection in connection with sales, marketing, partner and supplier engagement (“Offline Channels”); and third-party sources, including ad networks and lead brokers (collectively, the “Channels”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to personal information obtained through our Careers website, or to products and services that post separate privacy policies.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we obtain through the Channels, how we may use that personal information, with whom we may share it, and how you may exercise your rights regarding our processing of the information. The Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal information we obtain and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
The Online Channels may provide links to other third-party websites and features, or contain third-party cookies, that are not owned or controlled by the company. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, which are subject to their respective privacy policies.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Personal Information We Obtain
- How We Use Personal Information
- Personal Information Sharing
- Data Transfers
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Additional Information
- How To Contact Us
Personal Information We Obtain
We may obtain personal information through the Channels. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- contact information (such as company name, name, phone and fax number, email and postal address) for you or for others (e.g., principals in your business);
- information used to create your online account (such as username, password and security question and answer);
- biographical and demographic information (such as date of birth, age, gender, job title/position, marital status and dependent, spousal and other family information);
- purchase and customer service history;
- financial information (such as payment information, including name, billing address and payment card details (i.e., card number, expiration date and security code); bank account information; financial statements; income; and credit score);
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code) and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- other personal information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our contact features).
We want to highlight, that in case you send an Email via EMAIL ADDRESSES mentioned at this website or complete and submit the contact form your user behavior will be evaluated. We track which advertising campaign brought you to our Webiste. Goal is to optimize future advertising campaigns. The following UTM parameters are used:
- utm_campaign: This UTM parameter marks the individual campaign for a product. We can identify which campaign has taken you to our website.
- utm_source: With this UTM parameter the source, for example: Google, or others is indicated.
- utm_medium: this UTM parameter describes the advertising or marketing medium. For example: CPC, banner, email newsletter.
- utm_term: to identify paid search keywords.
- utm_content: set of different values, helping us to determine the aspects of shown ad, such as settings of our campaign, type of device on which ad was displayed, etc.
In addition, in connection with our insurance and financial services products, we may obtain government-issued ID numbers.
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part. If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain features of the Online Channels.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We are regularly updating the list of cookies. Please be aware that any of third party services used by innio.com can at any time unilateraly adjust set of cookies/data that is stored in user's browser. Please find below the list of cookies used by this website, categories of these cookies, providers, duration and descriptions what are these cookies used for:
Please note that your data may be transferred to the USA. The transfer of personal data to the USA may not be based on appropriate safeguards due to the fact that US authorities are allowed under US law to access and use such data transferred from the EU to the US. These transfers are not regulated in such a way that would meet requirements equivalent to those existing under EU law specifically regarding the principle of proportionality as monitoring programs based on US legislation are not limited to what is strictly necessary.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- provide and administer our products and services;
- process and fulfill orders and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- communicate about and administer our products, services, events, programs and promotions (such as by sending alerts, promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- conduct and facilitate surveys, sweepstakes, contests, focus groups and market research initiatives;
- perform data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- engage in ad retargeting and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts (including through our participation in ad networks);
- provide customer support;
- process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries and applications;
- create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- administer and register participants in our courses;
- provide investor services;
- conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, enhancing and improving our products and services; developing new products, services and Online Channels; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- verify your identity and protect against and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality;
- maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products, services, Online Channels, network services, information resources and employees.
We may combine personal information we obtain through Online Channels with information we obtain through Offline Channels, as well as other information, for the purposes described above. We may anonymize or aggregate personal information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We also may use personal information for additional purposes that we identify at the time of collection. We will obtain your consent for these additional uses to the extent required by applicable law.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
The legal basis for our company processing your personal information as described above will typically be one of the following:
- Your consent;
- Performance of a contract with you or a relevant party;
- Our legitimate business interests; or
- Compliance with our legal obligations.
Personal Information Sharing
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you except as described here or at the time of collection.
- We may share personal information within our company for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- We may share personal information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf (such as marketing activities, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer support and data analytics). These service providers are contractually required to safeguard the information provided to them and are restricted from using or disclosing such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- We may share personal information with our joint marketing partners and other business partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- We may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent.
- We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third-parties any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination. In such case, we will require the relevant third parties to provide comparable levels of protection as INNIO provides with respect to the information we share.
We may transfer the personal information we collect through the Channels to and store such data in other countries which may have different data protection laws than the country in which the information was provided. If we do so, we will transfer the personal information only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. To the extent required by applicable law, when we transfer your personal information to recipients in other countries, we will take measures to protect that information.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you. You may exercise choice over how information about your interests is used by ad networks to deliver you relevant advertising. The Online Channels are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from web browsers.
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may have the right to (1) access certain personal information we maintain about you; (2) request that we update, correct, amend, erase or restrict your personal information; or (3) exercise your right to data portability. Where provided by law, you may withdraw consent you previously provided to us or object at any time to the processing of your personal information on legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, and we will apply your preferences going forward as appropriate. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, a charge may apply before we provide you with a copy of any of your personal information that we maintain. Depending on your location, you may have the right to file a complaint with a government regulator if you are not satisfied with our response.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards, consistent with legal requirements where the personal information was obtained, designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of, or access to, the personal information provided to us through the Channels.
Retention of Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we retain personal information we obtain about you as long as (1) it is needed for the purposes for which we obtained it, in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Notice or (2) we have another lawful basis, stated in this Privacy Notice or at the point of collection, for retaining that information beyond the period for which it is necessary to serve the original purpose for obtaining the personal information.
Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limits under California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (2) the identity of those third parties.
Children’s Personal Information
The Online Channels are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 through the Online Channels. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete the information from our records.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our information practices. We will indicate at the top of this Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us at:
Data Privacy Officer
Dr. Karsten Kinast, LL.M